Family Star Montessori is fortunate to have attracted some high profile board members who are passionate about Montessori early childhood education. I thank each board member for their time commitment, their financial giving, and their innovative thinking that has helped put Family Star on a path for future growth and success. Board members spend a tremendous amount of time in board meetings, committees, a strategic planning retreat, working together with staff and parents, and made very measurable process this past year in strengthening our leadership and financial stability to ensure a strong, quality program for the next 25 years. As we look to the coming year, I can assure you that we all have the same passion and commitment that we have had for the past 25 years. We are not only reaching for the stars, we are achieving them.”
– Nancy Cohen, Board Chair
Board of Directors
Click here to view a roster of our current Board of Directors.
The Family Star Montessori Policy Council is comprised of family representatives and staff volunteers who provide an open and balanced perspective on the overall direction of the organization. The council meets monthly and a representative of the council sits on the board.
Policy Council’s purpose is:
- To increase parent involvement
- To enable parents to engage in shared decision making
- To increase the number of leaders in the organization
- To increase awareness of how the program operates
How Policy Council works with the board/staff:
- Through a designated, elected representative
- Reviews, provides input and approves various items monthly.
- Submit recommendations to the board for consideration
- Board member is assigned as a liaison
Interested in joining our Board of Directors or Policy Council? Please email email@example.com.