How Family Star’s home based services work
In addition to the center based option, Family Star has recently incorporated a home-based program option into our program offerings. In our home based program, children and families receive the full complement of comprehensive services as they partner with a home visitor to support the best developmental outcomes for children.
What you will get when you enroll in the home based option:
• Weekly 90-minute visits with a Family Star parent educator
• Bi-weekly Socialization events with all home based families and children
• Learn how to best support your child’s development and give your child the best in life
• Links to community resources and referrals
• In-home screenings to ensure your child’s health and wellness
• Join a learning community to help you be an even more confident and effective parent
How home based services can help you as a parent
If your schedule restricts you from having your child attend our full-day center based program, our Home Based Services are the perfect answer.
Here are some of the many benefits:
• Involves you as a parent, working more closely with your child
• Helps you understand how to teach your child in the home environment
• Teaches you how to adapt your home environment to make it more conducive to learning
• Offers you more flexibility and peace of mind
• Encourages better bonding with your child
• Helps you better understand child development and brain development
• Enables you to learn how to be better at teaching your child
Home based parent education is one of Family Star’s most successful programs. A Family Star Parent Educator partners with a young child’s parents, like a coach, helping support parents in becoming the most effective and confident parents they can be.